Want an honest Amazon review of your paperback?
I’m not offering a robust review service here, but if you can afford to send me a review copy and the following criteria are met, then post below and I may choose to contact you and ask for a paperback copy (I do not accept digital books for review). Unfortunately I only have time to read so many books!
I will be honest and if I feel the book needs some work before being reviewed, I will not give a review but will give you feedback on how it might be improved. Feedback will include commenting on the look of your Amazon product description page. I will not point out typos etc., unless they are generally few and far between; otherwise I will just tell you it needs more editing.
I will not return your books, but I will pass them on so they don’t just gather dust on my shelves. I will also promote your book/ebook/web site link if I am impressed with your writing.
Please ensure the following criteria are adhered to:
- I am interested only in fiction that is suitable for all the family (no erotica, steamy romances, scenes of a sexually explicit nature, gratuitous violence/gore, excessive expletives, sexual innuendo, etc.)
- I do not review books aimed at children under eight years of age
- I am not interested in zombies; books about undead, were-creatures etc., should only be submitted if very original
- Third-person perspective is preferred unless your book really works well in first person
- If you send in “epic fantasy” please make sure it’s original
- Please do not submit anything too abstract or philosophical
- Please do not submit any collections; there should be one complete story only
- I prefer fiction that does not attempt to explicitly address specific real-life issues (such as bullying, for example) or in any way seeks to preach to the reader
I should also say, for those who don’t have printers over here, that I live in the UK.