Well, this is weird and quite new for me. Evidently it’s a link-building exercise. I post 7 sentences of my current work-in-progress (either from page 7 or 77) and then name (and link to) 7 other authors who may, or may not, wish to continue the meme by doing the same thing on their blog. Oh, and as part of the rules, I need to mention (link to) that I got my invite from The Jennifer (author) Diaries. Jennifer Alvarez has a great blog for daily promotional activities for self-published authors. Anyway, here is my excerpt:
The faerie shook his little head. ‘I taught you that ditty to focus that reckless mind of yours. Enchantments be subtle things, not subject to mere words.’ He flew down and pushed the lamp off the chest-of-drawers on which it stood, and I watched as it floated down to the floor.
Puck had taught me the words for various ‘enchantments’ over the years. They’d just been games to me in my childhood. I’d seen this sort of trick before, of course – like the time last year when Puck had made my bed spin around three times, with me still in it!
And I’ve selected these 7 authors all from my Kindle Family Fiction group on Facebook:
1. Clare Pollard – http://clarepollard.com
2. Rebecca Storey – http://rebeccastorey.tumblr.com
3. Melissa Foster – http://www.melissafoster.com
4. Linda David – http://eternalrainbows.moonfruit.com
5. Jennifer Hanning – http://www.moongolly.com
6. Nicola Palmer – http://nicolapalmerwriter.blogspot.com
7. Christine Ann Schimpf – http://christineschimpf.blogspot.co.uk